Unless otherwise mentioned all our debates will use following format and rules.
- Organizers select a topic and share it with the community via website, email and other ways.
- Debaters sign up for a debate in support or against the argument of the topic.
- Moderator introduces the judge panel and debaters.
- Debater gets to present his point of view for 6 minutes. Debater can use speech and/or digital slide deck presentation for making his point of view.
- Panel of judges will vote on debater’s presentation (from 1 to 10, 10 being high score).
- Rewards will be given to top scorers as well as participants.
- Audience gets to ask questions after the debater’s presentation.
- Audiences gets to share their point of views during Group Discussion sessions.
- All debates are in English. Note: We might support debates in other languages in future sessions.
- Incendiary, disrespectful and personal attacks are discouraged. Moderator might ask the debater to pause in case of infractions.
- Audience attendees are discouraged from interrupting the debaters during the debate. However, audience attendees can ask questions or share their point of views during discussion session.
- Attendees are requested to arrive on time.
- Moderator will have the right to pause any debate or audience questions at any time.